When you’re a plastic surgeon, your website is likely one of the first things potential patients Google. In order to give your site the best possible chance at showing up in search results for your name, you need to optimize it for keywords related to your niche. This post will give you all the information you need about keyword research, and digital marketing with websites and articles, as well as tips for optimizing your website for top search results. Read on if you have an active interest in medical SEO for doctors.
What is Medical SEO?
Medical SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is the process of using relevant keywords and relevant tags to improve your rank in Google search results and other search engines. This is especially important for plastic surgeons and doctors as these professionals will most likely be at the top of the list when someone types in their names on Google. For a plastic surgeon, SEO is especially important because this is a competitive market. In order to attract patients, you need to rank high in the search results for your name. If you’re a plastic surgeon in Pennsylvania but aren’t showing up for a person whose last name is “Pennsylvania”, you’re missing out on business.
Why is SEO important for plastic surgeons?
First and foremost, SEO is important for plastic surgeons because it gets you traffic to your own website and to websites you own. Increased traffic from search engines can lead to new patients, clients, and revenue. SEO is important for plastic surgeons because it gives you an opportunity to connect with potential patients, regardless of where they are in the world. For example, a patient who is looking for a plastic surgeon in Pennsylvania may type their name into Google and see you as one of the top results.
Two Types of Keywords You Should Target in Your SEO Strategy
- Keywords – These are the words and phrases that you should be optimizing your site for. There are many different keyword tools available so it’s important to find one that works well with your niche.
- Keywords within your articles – You don’t have to only target keywords in your meta tags and H1 heading tags, you should also target keywords within your articles themselves. In fact, the better your article is for these keywords, the better your site will rank for them and the more traffic it will get.
Step 1: Find keywords to target with your SEO strategy
The first step to optimizing your website for top search results is to identify keywords that you want to rank for. The best way to do this is with a keyword research tool. There are many keyword research tools available, but some of the most popular are:
- Ahrefs – This keyword research tool is popular among organic keyword ranking optimization professionals and digital marketers.
- Google Keyword Planner – This is probably the most popular keyword research tool. It’s also a very powerful tool for learning more about your competition, tracking trends in search terms, and finding long-tail keywords relevant to your niche.
- Keyword Research Tools – These are keyword research tools that are better suited for researching general keywords and not as powerful for researching specific keywords.
Step 2: Write effective articles for your target keywords
Now that you have identified some keywords to target with your SEO strategy, it’s time to write some articles. These articles should be optimized for your target keywords and the long-tail variations you discovered in your keyword research.
One of the best ways to do this is to create a list of keywords and phrases, then brainstorm topics and subtopics that are relevant to each keyword. Finally, create an outline of your article and think through how you will structure your article. When you’re done with this step, your list of relevant keywords and the outline of your article should look something like this:
- “How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon”
- “At-A-Glance Guide to Plastic Surgery”
- “Plastic Surgery Before and After Pictures”
- “How Much Does Plastic Surgery Cost?”
- “What Are the Risks of Plastic Surgery?”
- “Plastic Surgery Before and After Food Poisoning”
- “Plastic Surgery Before and After Weight Loss”
- “Plastic Surgery Before and After Weight Gain”
Step 3: Rank organically for your target keywords with organic traffic-building techniques
To get your articles to rank in Google and other search engines, you’ll need to get them to show up in front of people’s eyes. This is best done with links and social shares. To get your articles to rank, you’ll need to build links to your site from high-authority websites. Authority is determined by the number of other sites linking to you and the content on those other sites. Next, you’ll need to build social shares for your articles. You can do this by sharing your content on social media, giving away your content in contests, and by offering your content for free.
With the help of quality keyword research and effective articles, you can easily boost your traffic with medical SEO for doctors or plastic surgeons. In fact, you can even start seeing results in as little as a week. SEO ideas for doctors are a crucial part of any marketing plan. It can be frustrating at times, but with some patience and effort, you can easily boost your traffic and get your website to the top of Google.